Yeah there really is no one size fits all standard.

⤺ reposted by @drunkenwhiskers from Another moron, who I would not want to be in a fox hole with

Yeah there really is no one size fits all standard.

3M P100, OV

Hola

There are ppl who claim they do disinfection with ultraviolet lamp. That process would take a few hours I imagine. And you need to make sure that the rays get to every part of the filter.

this one?
IMG

武漢肺炎全球疫情整合

:point_right:t2:南韓疫情持續,大邱市及慶尚北道情況嚴峻,釜山、慶尚南道及京畿道病例亦有明顯增幅。繼有駐韓美軍家屬確診後,首次有美軍本人確診。

:point_right:t2:意大利疫情繼續擴散,法國、德國及西班牙的最新案例,以及希臘、阿爾及利亞、北馬其頓和巴西的首宗個案皆由意大利傳入。

:point_right:t2:巴基斯坦首宗案例由伊朗傳入,加上其他波斯灣國家再有伊朗傳入個案,伊朗個案數字或存在瞞報。

:point_right:t2:郵輪「鑽石公主號」上確診的船員及乘客個案被日本當局及世衛分開劃出。船上有70名港人確診,並於日本留醫。

:point_right:t2:日本再有船上檢測為陰性的乘客下船數天後確診,視作本土個案。

更新時間:2月27日01時30分

#公共衛生情報 #武漢肺炎

Wuhan pneumonia global epidemic integration

疫 The epidemic in South Korea continued, with severe conditions in Daegu City and Gyeongsangbuk-do, and cases in Busan, Gyeongsangnam-do and Gyeonggi-do also increased significantly. After the diagnosis was made by a family member of the US military in South Korea, the first diagnosis was made by the US military.

:point_right:t2:The epidemic in Italy continues to spread, with the latest cases in France, Germany, and Spain, and the first cases in Greece, Algeria, Northern Macedonia, and Brazil all imported from Italy.

:point_right:t2:The first case of Pakistan was introduced by Iran, and in addition to other cases introduced by Iran in other Persian Gulf countries, the number of Iranian cases may be concealed.

个案 The cases of crew members and passengers diagnosed on the cruise “Diamond Princess” were separated by the Japanese authorities and the WHO. 70 Hong Kong residents were confirmed on board and were hospitalized in Japan.

:point_right:t2: In Japan, a passenger who tested negative on board was dismissed a few days later and confirmed as a local case.

Update time: February 27, 01:30

#Public health information #Wuhan pneumonia

Español

The filter/face masks may employ some kind of electric static between the layers to absorb the particles. When they get wet, you lose the static, and that will greatly reduce their effectiveness. However there is no telling whether or not any specific type of filter/mask relies on the static.

Mostly English

I imagine this is part of the reason why there is a shelf life for face masks.

Argentina

0 case really?

Yes this one

⤻ reposted @paktani28 to this one?

When they were used after a certain period they lose the static as well.

there’s 2 parts in each P100/OV filters
particulate filter P100, and Organic Vapor (OV) filter

carbon in OV filter would lose effectiveness over time even when not used,

but the particulate filter would remain usable (with usage it’s increasing in effectivity but harder to breathe through)

Everyone in government is lying

How can you believe that a plea to come into a war zone is propoganda

Yes. Except we don’t know which filter relies on what effect to stop the virus. Some surgical masks relies on static. If we look at the 3M filters they seem much thicker than those surgical masks so I imagine they may use their physical structure/property to stop the particles. If this is true they should last longer.

@aries also the credentials appear legit as well… I always try to bring good data