The #coronavirus sweeping the planet could be the 'Disease X' which experts have warned about, according to a World Health Organization representative.

The #coronavirus sweeping the planet could be the ‘Disease X’ which experts have warned about, according to a World Health Organization representative. The name is given to a future, mysterious pathogen which could break out among humans and wreak havoc across the world. SARS-CoV-2 has infected around 80,000 people in the two months since it emerged at an animal market in Wuhan, China in December. It has killed more than 2,600 and can cause severe lung damage and trigger multiple organ failure, mainly among old or weak patients.
IMG

⤺ reposted by @Negan87 from I think this is a great idea and could make a really big difference for a lot of people 👍🏻

Why do They call it sarscov2

Covid-19 is official name right

Mostly used in Respiratory Medicine

By the World Health Organization

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(20)30079-5/fulltext

So much confusion

Corona virus - ncov19 - covid19

I know most of my ppl in our country dont understand shit of it

Will do ty

Dr.Bess @W6VRF you 2 should talk

:crown: not in South America is not that they don’t get the damn virus, as I told before it’s that they don’t care or don’t have the way to detect the infected.

Hopefully it never reaches South America

But the 3 cases in the Congo are cause of alarm

I hope you’re right

I don’t know whether to be impressed or suspicious that the Congo has the testing capabilities.

That is the name for the disease which presents in humans. The name of the virus is SARS-cov-2. Much like the distinction between HIV and AIDS.

Exactly