‘Success Addicts’ Choose Being Special over Being Happy

‘Success Addicts’ Choose Being Special over Being Happy
Article,

⤺ reposted by @MartinMakerInDisguise from If you want the perfect #2020 news story, read this one about the ongoing Garmin ransomware hack that’s impacting t…

That’s so dumb - I’m happy when i successfully accomplish my goals.
I don’t imagine a drug laden happiness could improve my life.
@AriesAzazel
This is a follow up from my plastics side homework. It seems this a major breakthru removing the worldwide need of Chinese rare earth neodymium.
Stepping back into history fertilizer breakthru was created during war times by wizard haber.
(

)
Fast forward to today …it seems as if non rare earth magnets are about to become a big player.
Researchers say their findings are the first time electricity has induced a permanent change in magnetism. Lead researcher Chris Leighton explains:

“By applying the voltage, we essentially pour electrons into the material. It turns out that if you get high enough concentrations of electrons, the material wants to spontaneously become ferromagnetic, which we were able to understand with theory. This has lots of potential. Having done it with iron sulfide, we guess we can do it with other materials as well.”

In the study, the researchers used a technique called electrolyte gating. They took the non-magnetic iron sulfide material and put it in a device in contact with an ionic solution, or electrolyte, comparable to Gatorade. They then applied as little as 1 volt (less voltage than a household battery), moved positively charged molecules to the interface between the electrolyte and the iron sulfide, and induced magnetism.
this reaction itself mimics magnetism. The iron sulfide is touched to the ionic solution and then gently electrified, and in the ensuing reaction, the positively charged (and magnetically viable) molecules gather along the electrified electrolyte surface.

Overall, it’s kind of like using an electromagnetic process, but in this case, the change is permanent and doesn’t require further current.

Speculation;

Will this spur new magnetic devices that operate with incredibly low current input …the ability to turn a non magnetic material into a permanent magnet…in my mind the next question is can the magnitisim be removed hy applying the voltage in reverse.
If so this would be one of my ideal materials. Magnetic “muscles” that lock in place (be come permeninant magnets ) when powered down.
If so this would lead to an incredible new lightweight class of plastic and pyrite capable machines.

Sources and “known facts”;

“Pyrite is not magnetic. Some related minerals are, but only weakly, not as strong as iron, so the test will likely fail anyway. Magnetism is not an inherent property of an element, but that of a compound. Most compounds of iron are not magnetic (though some are); on the other hand, there are organic magnets made out of totally non-magnetic elements.”

talk about @Python_Exchange Extra Credit. I will pass this up.

How a $175 covid-19 test led to $2,479 in charges
Article,

Good luck to our Floridian Members.

Wizard of the Day :mage:‍♂

Before we start, I want to make it clear: 1. He never died pennieless he died doing what he loved which was research. 2. The New Yorker Hotel is not what is seems.

Some of the readers may have never heard of Tesla. Others may only think of the American, high-end, all-electric car named after him. But Nikola Tesla was much more. When he died, the FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) broke into his home and removed all of Tesla’s research papers and documents. Why? And how is it that Tesla is one of the “pioneers of the space frontier” anyway?
Nikola Tesla was a Serbian - American inventor, electrical engineer, mechanical engineer, physicist, futurist and showman best known for his contributions to the design of the modern alternating current (AC) electricity supply system and the original patent-holder for radio technology.
Tesla gained experience in telephony and electrical engineering before immigrating to the United States in 1884 to work for Thomas Edison. In New York City. He soon struck out on his own with financial backers, setting up laboratories and companies to develop a range of electrical devices. His patent for the alternating current induction motor and transformer were licensed to George Westinghouse, who also hired Tesla for a short time as a consultant. His work in the formative years of electric power development involved Tesla in a corporate alternating current/ direct current “War of Currents” as well as various patent battles. At one time, Tesla claimed to have received radio communications from Mars, and said he planned to contact Mars with his undisclosed technology. He is credited with creating the concept of fluorescent lighting, free wireless energy transmission and particle beam weapons.
Tesla was renowned for his achievements and showmanship, eventually earning him a reputation in popular culture as an archetypal “mad scientist.” His 700 or so patents earned him a considerable amount of money, much of which was used to finance his own projects with varying degrees of success. He lived most of his life in a series of New York hotels, through his retirement. He died in 1943. His work fell into relative obscurity after his death, but in 1960 the General Conference on Weights and Measures named the unit of magnetic flux density the “Tesla” in his honor. There has been a resurgence in interest in Tesla in popular culture since the 1990s

Even though Tesla was an acknowledged promoter and showman for this own technology, he was also a humanitarian. He put the benefits of his work to the public before his personal wealth and well-being. Tesla also claimed to have been in communication with extraterrestrials. He suffered from obsessive-compulsive disorder throughout his life. The number “3” had an unusual meaning to him as he ordered his life by depending on numbers being divisible by “3.” So why did the FBI confiscate all of his documents in 1943? As we will see, it’s because his unpublished discoveries fueled the future of weapons and propulsion research for years to come.