🇺🇸 Lagos hospitals now receiving patients suffering from Chloroquine poisoning just one day after President Trump announced that the US has approved the anti-malarial drug for use as a treatment against COVID-19.

:us: Lagos hospitals now receiving patients suffering from Chloroquine poisoning just one day after President Trump announced that the US has approved the anti-malarial drug for use as a treatment against COVID-19.

⤺ reposted by @cosmicdoe from 🇬🇧 Metro in London and train from Filton Abbey Wood to Weston Milton, United Kingdom today.

Does this mean people are self administering incorrect amounts

:iran: Iran’s Deputy Health Minister says national mobilization program to screen entire population so far examined 28 million (out of 83 million people). The results are successful as rate of contracting Coronavirus in 13 (out of 31) provinces shows a downward trend.

Pretty much

I know i shouldn’t trust the internet but i heard the anti-viral effects of chloroquine is that it increases the body pH level making it difficult for The virus to survive. Now, i do know that viruses love acidic environments (low pH) but I’m wondering if there’s more to chloroquine besides the pH increase that helps because that’s all i can find online across medical science websites, even Wikipedia. But there’s a lot of zinc and big scientific technical terms that i don’t get and they don’t provide any substance for the reason it helps fight viruses.

:iran: Iranian doctor who died ten days ago of what was believed to be a heart attack is now confirmed to have died of corona.

Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin as a treatment of COVID-19
6319002683285963182.pdf

:woman_facepalming:t2:

Aren’t the dreams terrible with anti malaria along with other side effects. Although great news if it is working in controlled studies.

:slight_smile: my classmates

⤻ reposted @0x1eyz3W to :) my classmates

Most likely overdosed. The sig for this is 500mg per day If i recall. I bet they were taking 1500 a day for a week

100000%

:us: Pence’s press secretary says they’ve been notified someone in his office tested positive. “Neither President Trump nor Vice President Pence had close contact with the individual.

Further contact tracing is being conducted in accordance with CDC guidelines,” she says.

Yeah… :woman_facepalming:t4:

It acts as something which activates a cellular ion channel allowing zinc to enter your cell in higher than normal concentrations which messes up the virus synthesis for some technical reason i can’t remember

If you shoot me a dm reminding me I’ll tag you here when i find the paper or supporting evidence again

:red_circle: استفاده از جاده خاکی توسط تعدادی از رانندگان در ترافیک سنگین جاده شمال

+منتظر فاجعه بمب ساعتي كرونا باشين!

:red_circle: Road use by a number of drivers in heavy traffic on the North Road

Likely. I think they can have adverse effects generally tho?