Evidence of a mass disinformation campaign in Chinese speaking circles on Twitter: these posts are exactly the same content but are talking about different countries.

Evidence of a mass disinformation campaign in Chinese speaking circles on Twitter: these posts are exactly the same content but are talking about different countries. “Canada/France/Australia/Switzerland/USA’s covid19 disease is now out of control. I heard from my friend in [Xxx country’s] hospital that countless number of people are there for a diagnosis but they have no test kits. All they can do is to send the patients home. There are high numbers of elderlies in [XXX country] and countless number of them died at home without a diagnosis, that’s why [xxx country] has such a low increase. So scary. I’ve already booked my ticket to fly back to China. In key moments like this it’s still better to rely on a centralized power. Go China!”

⤺ reposted by @drunkenwhiskers from Can anyone confirm this nonsense. Especially the aircraft

Pay attention to the usernames used by these accounts.

Here is a clearer version
6305386546035949756.jpg

Dallas and Houston have both closed pretty much all gathering places (restaurants, cinemas, etc.) with the exception of take out from restaurants, grocery stores, and medical offices.

I heard Trump say something about quarantines being gradual and how people would be eased into them… I can see how it’s been rolled out now. We are essentially in lockdown, just by our own respective cities. Schools were already closed by choice and most offices were already switched to remote work.

See the last one? “MAGAwin2020”. This the tactics they use. Pose as someone that you may share your ideas with. They also talked about posing as other groups.

Look at this

Something I saw. I can’t verify this but here is a translation.

:warning::warning::warning:大家 帝吧开了豆瓣小组 瓜七船要出征推特还有其他外网了
:warning::warning: :warning:他们要披皮lgbt 穆斯林 动保等等角色在外网搅浑水在外网上带节奏让外国人怀疑自己的政府 转移视线
:warning::warning::warning:请扩散到tg群和推特外网,让外国人多加注意!他们这次不打算暴露中国人身份!目的是搅浑水!

:warning::warning::warning:Attention friends. Diba (a sub forum on Baidu, notorious for their mass trolling activities) recently formed a group on Douban(a Chinese social platform) and they are planning an operation on twitter and other foreign platforms.
:warning::warning::warning:they will pose as lgbt, muslims, animal rights activists etc and try to steer the public opinion, in order to sow distrust between citizens and their government, and redirect public attention.
:warning::warning::warning:please forward to telegram and twitter and ask people to be cautious. They won’t reveal their identity as Chinese and their goal is to create chaos in foreign countries.

these are all anti-ccp twitter handles. I think they r trying to fool oversea Chinese who pro-ccp get back to their great mother-land.

Not only that. These posts will be translated into other languages and cause panic.

information pollution in simple Chinese is bad🤦🏻‍♂️

Oh my gosh, it’s terrifying to think of all the criminals that have been released to the streets in the last few weeks. :flushed::grimacing:

Mostly non-violent.

the police troops can not handle those criminals if there is any?

Well that’s really encouraging!

:woman_shrugging:t2: