CORONA ONLINE FOOD SOURCES

CORONA ONLINE FOOD SOURCES

This is the 5th article in our popular “food security” series of articles. Although we are a prepper group, isolation is different, and we find we have to adopt many of the extreme measures of doomsday prepping for people with no experience. Prepping isn’t really an activity as much as it is the end goal itself, unlike most things. The journey doesn’t count, results do. So, in these times, you are forced to shop your way to self-sufficiency at first, then establish your prepper game after. So where and how to do this?

As you know, brick and mortar stores have been cleared out long ago, Amazon is sold out, yeast is unable to be found anywhere. Even well-known emergency food supplier Augason Farms is completely sold out and not taking orders online. We need some solid alternatives. Just to warn you, these places are not fully stocked, and it may take 5-6 weeks to see your packages, but at the moment, they are available.

Please see the last article to catch up to speed.

Our next article will be about food preservation, traditional and modern methods, plus where to buy those materials.

Please join our groups on Telegram, it just might save a life, no joke.

Subscribe for AZ news that just might save your life!

Azazel News Website, just launched!
https://azazel.news/

Azazel News Updates on Telegram
https://t.me/azaelnews

Azazel Doomsday Chat Room on Telegram

Azazel Food Prep-Grow-Preserve Group on Telegram

Azazel Doomsday HAM Radio Club on Telegram

NEW: Azazel Doomsday Health Group

• I should note you better buy a year’s supply of pet food, since meat shortages are here. Pets consume 30% of the meat supply.

Azure Standard

https://www.azurestandard.com

Azure Standard is a great company based in Oregon. Starting out from Azure Farm, the company has modernized very rapidly in recent years. The website is amazingly easy to use and bug free, it’s one of the best shopping sites I’ve ever used, better than Amazon’s. They have been committed to GMO free and organic if possible at low prices, so they sell a lot of bulk, but they also have anything a Whole Foods Market would have at fair prices. (Jeff Bezos bought the wrong company.) Azure is not well-known in the Northeast, because they do not have their own shipping routes there, however they do ship by UPS to any place in the USA. Their own transport logistical operations are very sophisticated and cover most of the rest of the US, by way of predefined drop-off locations. It’s basically the world’s largest CSA, and to that effect, they have a Customer Sponsored Inventory (CSI) Program, which lets customers spot Azure capital to get things back in inventory. If you don’t live along a delivery route, or volunteer yourself to run a drop-off site, then shipping is expensive, but all in all, you are paying the same amount compared to Amazon’s “free” shipping. For example a 25 pound bag of organic hard winter red wheat berries will be far cheaper on Azure than Amazon, but the shipping will make it roughly the same cost. Here’s hoping Azure rolls out Northeast big rig delivery routes soon! At the time of writing this, April 23, Azure is 5-6 weeks behind on fulfilling orders.

What I recommend buying from Azure is your staples, dried rice, dried corn, whole wheat berries or flour, dried beans, oils, salt, sugar, vinegar, anything for your pantry. You could get fresh veggies, fruit, meat, eggs, dairy, as well, but since they are backlogged on orders, doesn’t make sense. They do have lots of convenience items such as any condiments, snacks, everything Whole Foods would have essentially. This is way better than ordering from Instacart/Whole Foods. Instacart is a disaster, it’s never worked for me, and nobody enjoys working for them. Azure has a better kitchen/bath/beauty and home shopping selection as well, so as far as I’m concerned it’s a slam dunk and I put in a pretty big order despite me only knowing of them for a week. It’s a nice blend of Oregon organic farming, good logistics, a fortuitous business model, and a killer website app.

I noticed they are sold out on toilet paper but they sell rolls as cheap as 61 cents, and also bamboo and sugarcane pulp rolls for not much more than Scott rolls at your local supermarket. This is how Wegman’s should be, instead of the bazillion baffling offerings they have on every product line.

Amazon

https://amazon.com

Now that we just ridiculed Jeff Bezos’s poor choice in buying Whole Foods, let’s discuss what we can get from them and get out quick. You can forget about trying to get Whole Foods deliveries from Amazon, it’s totally unavailable as Bezos’s minions are scrambling across the USA to fulfill existing orders. Staples like flour, pasta, are just as sold out on Amazon as any real store. Besides a bidet, which is available, what should you get?

I’d get some staples that you don’t want to wait for from Azure. For instance, a 25 or 50 pound bag of organic wheat berries or corn. I’d also purchase a sprouter for microgreens. The seed sprouts I did order there too, but the selection wasn’t very good and the shipping was a week or so for both. That was better than the shipping from walmart.com for my Jiffy seed starter kit, which took weeks. I only ordered it there because sellers on Amazon are price gouging and they haven’t caught on to them yet. You might get a plastic grain scoop for all the grain and food repacking you are going to be doing soon. Food storage buckets, plastic gas tanks, and water containers are okay on Amazon, and yes you can find mylar bags and oxygen absorbers, of unknown quality and ship times, but the stuff does arrive, that is to Amazon’s credit. Might as well pick up a water purifier and hope you never have to open the packaging except on a camping trip in the future. Don’t forget the bucket lid opener and a hair straightening iron to seal mylar bags. You can find diatomaceous earth there. Funnels, water pumps, water dispensers, water purifiers and filters, etc. I sort of see Amazon as the online general store at this point. They don’t have the best tools, but they have them usually. They may have some (human) feed, they may not.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS, Mormons)

https://store.churchofjesuschrist.org/usa/en/food-storage-3074457345616678849-1

It turns out that the Mormons are expert preppers, and they sell the basics staples to survive in #10 can six-packs online. It’s probably something to do with their pioneer heritage. (Early American Pioneers were the absolute best survivalists.) LDS’s online store, link above is already out of rice. beans and apple slices, many things from their one-page catalog, but you can still buy whole wheat berries. LDS is the only place that sells wheat berries in vacuum packed cans, so that’s a very attractive item to buy. You will need a grinder, which is impossible to buy at the moment. (Shipments are expected in May-June.) #10 cans of course are going to be very doomsday friendly, they are practically blunt trauma weapons by themselves! LDS also has warehouses across America where anyone can walk in and buy cash and carry, usually just 1 or 2 days a week in the mornings only. The particular warehouse near you is on the second link above. LDS even sells mylar bags, O2 scrubbers, and personal water filters at good prices. They have a $400 mylar bag sealer too, but you can use a hair straightening iron instead, slower but it works.

Rainy Day Foods

https://rainydayfoods.com/

The appropriately named online shop is a division of Walton Feed, Inc. in Montpelier, Idaho. It seems they’ve invested in some industrial dehydrators and freeze-dryers and have an very extensive list of canned foods, in #2.5 and #10 sizes. They also sell bulk dried goods in bags or 5 gallon buckets. It’s more a la carte approach than Augason Farms, which is completely sold out. It takes more time to decide what you want and how much, but in the end it’s better because you’ll actually eat it. They have fruits, veggies, staples, even canned meats, dried dairy, eggs, and dried desserts. It’s your last line of defense in your food security game, and it can get expensive if you stock up from here. But this is food that will last decades, is extremely pest proof and ready to go. Shipping is around 50 dollars flat rate if you buy enough from them, which is very reasonable. They are sold out of a lot of staples, but there seems to be good amount of fruits and vegetables in cans. Freeze dried food is considered the longest lived preservation process, much better than dehydration even. So technology wins and engineers save the world, everyday.

Calculating Food Needs

The LDS has a handy food calculator here. They are expert preppers so I wouldn’t challenge them.

https://providentliving.com/preparedness/food-storage/foodcalc/

The Next Article will deal with:

1. Food Grade Plastic Containers
  2. Water Containers and Dispensing, Transport
  3. Mylar Bags
  4. Silica Desiccants
  5. Diatomaceous Earth (Diatoms)
  6. Oxygen Scavengers/Scrubbers/Absorbers
  7. FoodSaver Bags
  8. Grain Mills

Stay tuned!

SHORTEN YOUR SUPPLY CHAIN

Happy growing, eating, storing, and living!

-TUIT and the gang at Azazel News, Doomsday, Doomsday Food, and Doomsday Ham Radio, Doomsday Health