And yes. Metal working is still fun. Just. Hot metal and small amounts of water don't mix

⤺ reposted by @MartinMakerInDisguise from usually a family dinner after sacrifice is done and meat is donated, but covid made it impossible

And yes. Metal working is still fun. Just. Hot metal and small amounts of water don’t mix

When did you get a foundry

cost have gone up overnight last weekend

due to Can Shortage

wow, ouch

I built my first one…~3? years ago.
With covid I’ve expanded and now have 4. From small parts up to large ones(a few lbs). 1 induction and 1 propane 2 nichrome wire

That’s why i started with “I’m okay”

very fucking cool

I’ve been writing/animating a guide to end users guide to electricity for a bit…and i ran into some issues. Namely opsec and where to stop because it literally runs from lights to computers down to quantum

So cool!!

Agreed. But it’s much more fun to finish with an ingot or finished product as opposed to …this…exploding everywhere

It was totally my fault tho. I should have called it off after everything got wet

Wow no kidding! Important thing is you survived! Are you able to melt that back down when conditions are better?

⤻ reposted @MartinMakerInDisguise to Agreed. But it's much more fun to finish with an ingot or finished product as opposed to .....this....exploding everywhere

Single can + leftover from previous run (still stuck in crucible) to make sure I dried enough water out (of the bricks that make the ingot mold )

Is that silver ingot

Fauci avoids the million dollar question by Jim Jordan

@angs2020 done uploading part of the recycled (from last run)

⤻ reposted @MartinMakerInDisguise to Single can + leftover from previous run (still stuck in crucible) to make sure I dried enough water out (of the bricks that make the ingot mold )

I have a lot more experience with small runs of metal like silver (like the size of a ring in an induction oven) …these are my first aluminium cans and attempts to scale up

China mystery seeds continues

maybe it will grow a beanstalk and then we can raid a castle and get some gold

⤻ reposted @AzazelNews to China mystery seeds continues