And *then* you die of dysentery. 🤣

And then you die of dysentery. :rofl:

⤺ reposted by @gtaro25 from Meanwhile somewhere in LA

California Trail?

If you want absolute verified confirmation on the narrative you’re being trained to believe, by all means, follow the news.

Intel doesn’t work like that. It’s probabilistic. You put forward the data you’ve collected, draw potential conclusions, and see what shakes out.

You do the analysis. You don’t wait for someone else to do it for you.

That’s how you end up at the mercy of someone else’s agenda.

I think the bias portion of the question is interesting tho, because it’s really “why this narrative that’s obviously biased instead of x”, and the answer is that most things are biased, to a varying n degree. So the model isn’t news vs not news, but the shakey nuggets that appear cross bias, underneath narrative”

All human beings have biases. I’m actually more inclined to trust someone who puts theirs forward honestly and owns them than someone who pretends not to have them. I may not agree, but at least I know where they’re coming from.

I don’t know if inclined to trust is right but certainly more comfortable sifting the bullshit out

Though it’s gross and exhausting and taxing on the soul at times

I trust them to be themselves. I don’t necessarily trust the info. But I never do, so that’s neither here nor there.

I also trust the news to put forward an agenda that speaks to the concerns of their board and their advertising dollars. But same thing goes on the info - not necessarily.

That’s better. Yeah.

This is why so often we’re pulling multiple versions of the same story and pointing out the differences.

but to be clear, you don’t have a problem with me asking about it, right?

No, not at all. You should be questioning everything. But as far as leaving out sources because it’s not “news,” we’re not doing that. It ties our hands too much. Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water.

Every news is biased in some way. That is not only because the author is likely influenced by own positions as the used sources are already biased. Good journalist are aware about that fact and try to minimize that impact. But good journalism isn’t common these days. Even the selection of news is biased.

This mode of questioning everything that wasn’t put forward by a “top news outlet” is just a method for “top news outlets” and social to narrow the narratives you’ll accept and steer you toward questioning everyone BUT them. It’s a control mechanism, the precursor to “fact checking.”

Compare headlines this decade with headlines thirty years ago. They mostly read like op eds now.

Instead of being presented with the information and then deciding how you want to feel about it, you’re being told how to feel about it and then deciding whether you believe it’s real or not.

That’s not journalism.

That’s propaganda.

yeah it just seemed like it was posted without context. now i know the context. but no one here is saying anything about “top news outlets” so you can drop all that critique. i wasn’t coming from that direction at all. seems maybe you’re used to people coming from there, based on your response.

Just explaining. Great if you’re already aware. Others may not be. :slight_smile:

As Aries has been reminding everyone, “The secret about Doomsday is that its not about the end of the world, its about pushing us to all be better people, do more, learn, expand, survive.”

I have to assume that maybe not everyone has looked at it this way before. Providing perspective is important.

It also helps all of you know what’s relevant to this channel as opposed to what should be posted in other channels.

In here, we want anything actionable.

Anything speculative belongs in Disclosure.

Some people have been here since the start. New people join every day.

A wildfire that has burned almost 10,000 acres and forced the evacuation of half a Southern California city was sparked by a pyrotechnic device at a gender reveal party, fire investigators announced Sunday.

The El Dorado Fire, in San Bernardino County, is not the first large wildfire to result from a misguided attempt to announce the sex of an unborn baby. In April 2017, an expectant Arizona father fired a bullet into a target packed with an explosive substance and set off the Sawmill Fire, which burned almost 47,000 acres.

That man — Dennis Dickey, a 37-year-old Border Patrol agent — was convicted of a misdemeanor and ordered to pay $8,188,069 in restitution to those whose property was burned.

The U.S. Forest Service released video of the Arizona incident. A gunshot is heard, and a boxlike target explodes in a cloud of blue powder. Immediately, the dry grass around it bursts into flame, and a man is heard yelling, “Start packing up!”

The explosive in that case was identified as a Tannerite target, a brand that explodes when hit by a high-velocity bullet. Tannerite is strictly regulated in California, with a permit required for its purchase or use.

In the El Dorado Fire, investigators from the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection revealed few details. They said the fire began at 10:23 a.m. Saturday at El Dorado Ranch Park, just east of the Yucaipa city limit, and that it was caused by a “smoke-generating pyrotechnic device.”

CalFire’s press release referred to a “party;” in an interview with the Associated Press, agency spokesman Bennet Milloy characterized the event as a family outing to record video of the device’s detonation.

He said surveillance video showed the unidentified couple frantically racing to their vehicle to retrieve water bottles once the flames erupted.

“You can’t fight a fire like this with a water bottle,” Milloy said. “They had no chance after it started.”
The couple could be liable for the cost of fighting the fire and criminally charged with misdemeanor or felony counts.

As of Monday, 12 square miles of Yucaipa was under evacuation order, as well as neighboring communities in San Bernardino and Riverside counties.

Other bad outcomes from gender reveal parties:
• In April 2018, a car whose exhaust had been rigged to spew blue smoke caught fire as it did doughnuts in front of an expectant Australian couple. The driver bailed and the spectators fled in the incident caught on drone video.
• In September 2019, a crop duster that had just dropped 350 gallons of pink water stalled and crashed in front of party guests in Turkey, Texas. The plane was destroyed and a passenger suffered minor injuries.
• In October 2019, 56-year-old Pamela Kreimeyer died instantly when she was struck in the head by a piece of metal from an exploding device during a family gathering at her home in Knoxville, Iowa. She was the grandmother of the baby whose sex was to be revealed by a homemade pipe bomb using gunpowder and colored powder.
• Finally, in a March 2018 stunt, nobody was injured, but the treatment of an animal drew criticism when the video was released on Facebook. Mike Kliebert, who runs an alligator farm in Louisiana, put a watermelon in the mouth of a gator; when the animal bit down, the melon exploded with blue goo.

https://www.fresnobee.com/news/california/fires/article245542975.html

Several reports have come in to local sheriff’s offices about a large explosion Monday evening.

The Fulton County Sheriff’s Office, along with sheriff’s offices in Saratoga and Washington Counties, have received reports of the explosion. Some people also reported the explosion caused their homes to shake.

The Fulton County Sheriff’s Office said they are investigating but do not have an answer as to what caused the explosion.

A similar event happened in Saratoga County in December 2019. Officials ultimately determined the cause of the loud explosion at that time to be a meteor entering the atmosphere.

Weatheradio Canada considers shutting down 48 network transmitters across the country | The SWLing Post

Heavy rains from storms passing through Southwest Florida on Monday triggered a Flood Advisory. Some people off Winkler Road in south Fort Myers were forced to move their cars quickly once the water rose. Residents say they’ve never seen anything like it.

Artificial intelligence language generator GPT-3 wrote this op ed which was published today by The Guardian. The assignment it was given was to convince humans that AI comes in peace:

how much knows potus about the black world?

or is he just a puppet?

as a genral rule, not only trump