🇮🇹 A medical device manufacturer has threatened to sue a group of volunteers in Italy that 3D printed a valve used for life-saving coronavirus treatments.

:it: A medical device manufacturer has threatened to sue a group of volunteers in Italy that 3D printed a valve used for life-saving coronavirus treatments. The valve typically costs about $11,000 from the medical device manufacturer, but the volunteers were able to print replicas for about $1.

A hospital in Italy was in need of the valves after running out while treating patients for COVID-19. The hospital’s usual supplier said they could not make the valves in time to treat the patients. That launched a search for a way to 3D print a replica part, and Cristian Fracassi and Alessandro Ramaioli, who work at Italian startup Isinnova, offered their company’s printer for the job.

⤺ reposted by @0x11qgXE from Please find attached below the full text of my new column on "White Swans of 2020" that has been just published in Project Syndicate at:

Fake news !!! They have not threatened to sue and this is a lie

I just post what I find in the Italian covid groups

Look they made an article for it

Volunteers produce 3D-printed valves for life-saving coronavirus treatments - The Verge

i saw some 3d print adapter for gas masks to make your own particulate filter out of n95 face mask.

It was updated Update, March 18th 5:30PM ET: A group of Italian volunteers distributed 3D-printed versions of a vital medical device — but it doesn’t appear that the original manufacturer threatened a legal crackdown. As we reported earlier, Cristian Fracassi and Alessandro Romaioli used their 3D printer to create unofficial copies of a patented valve, which was in short supply at Italian hospitals. Business Insider Italia quoted Massimo Temporelli, the Italian professor who recruited the pair, saying that the device maker threatened them with an infringement claim.

Verge made an updated correction as well

verge… smh

Supermarkets in Italy are fully stocked… no queues

These videos from inside China are scary. Thank you all for the real updates.

四胞胎幼女与父亲依依惜别
难舍难分 看了令人心酸……

The twin girls and their father cherished their farewell
It’s hard to separate and it’s sad to see …

Maybe we should be verifying what we post so to not disinform instead of informing

at some point they might have been empty. the restocking seems quick enough.

I don’t have time to play journalist

you can’t be 100% sure that all supermarket in Italy at all time are completely stocked. chill out man.

@drunkenwhiskers pink propaganda???

⤻ reposted @AzazelNews to The twin girls and their father cherished their farewell

No! I’m freaking Italian! I’m shopping. I know what I’m saying! Post images of empty Italian supermarkets! Or do I have to post images of full ones!?

Ok… so anything goes?

Once again I am not a Journalist I am not going to track each story or when a redaction is done each time.

please chill. i dont mean to disaprove your comment. all i’m saying is that you have not been to all the supermarkets in Italy. not at the same time. right?

Did your people do a run on TP? Some isles and spots are empty in the U.S.